Please read the policies of the Garden City Swim Club carefully. All members are required to follow all procedures outlined in our policies & rules.
Guest Policy – (Effective on 7/10/20)
GCSC members may bring one (1) guest per membership, per day, including weekends. Members are responsible for signing in and out their guest upon entry and exit at the manager’s desk. Members are responsible for their guests and their behavior while at the pool or on Garden City Swim Club grounds. In the best interest of the general membership, the GCSC Board of Directors and pool managers reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
Guest fee is $5.00 per person
Children 2 and under FREE
Members wishing to have a party during normal business hours must contact the pool manager at least one week prior to the party date. Based on the number of swimmers, type of party and expected membership usage for the day, the manager may decide to add an additional guard. If the manager determines that an additional guard is needed the member will be charged an additional $8 per hour for the duration of the party. All guests must sign in at the manager’s office before entering the pool. Members wishing to hold parties with large numbers of swimmers should consider a night time party. The manager on duty has the final say on whether a party is too large to be held during the day.
The Club or the pool, as appropriate, will close or not be opened if any of the following conditions should occur:
- The Club will not open if the forecast high temperature for the day is 65 degrees or less.
- The Club will be closed for rain. This will be at the discretion of the manager (or head lifeguard in the manager’s absence) and should occur only if rain is forecast for the entire day, is very hard or it is storming.
- The pool will be closed for 30 minutes following the last thunder clap in the immediate area.
- Appropriate areas will be closed for safety problems. This will be at the discretion of the manager (or head lifeguard in the manager’s absence).
Diving Board Rules
- No cut away diving.
- Only one (1) bounce rule applies to the board.
- Enter the water from the front of the board. Do not enter from the side.
- Be sure the diving area is clear before diving.
- Only one (1) person on the board at a time.
- No diving from the shallow end of the pool.
- Report any accident to the manager or head lifeguard.
- Police and/or emergency personnel should be contacted.
- Open the basketball court gate for emergency personnel.
- Listen for further instruction.
Hours of Operation
The following Hours of Operation are for general purposes only. Certain circumstances, whether planned or unexpected may require the pool to change these hours without prior notice.
Monday through Saturday 12:00PM to 7:00PM Sundays and Holidays 1:00PM to 7:30PM
Important Notice To All Members
The following items are available to the public upon request:
- A copy of the most recent electrical inspection.
- A copy of the most recent bacteriological monitoring results.
- Copies of all lifeguard certifications.
- A copy of all applicable material safety data sheets.
- A copy of the Bathing Place Manager/Operator Certificate.
- A copy of the Allegheny County Health Department Article XI, pool rules and regulations.